Distribution is an important aspect of the video production process, as it determines how your content will reach its intended audience. There are many different distribution strategies to consider, each with its own set of advantages and disadvantages. Here are a few options to consider:
- Self-distribution: This involves distributing your content directly to your audience through your own website, social media channels, or email list. Self-distribution gives you complete control over your content and how it is presented, but it can be time-consuming and requires a strong online presence.
- Streaming platforms: Platforms like YouTube and Vimeo offer a wide reach and the ability to monetize your content through advertising or subscription fees. However, these platforms can be competitive and may take a percentage of your earnings.
- Traditional distribution: This involves working with a distribution company to distribute your content through traditional channels such as movie theatres, television networks, and cable providers. This option can be expensive and may require you to give up some control over your content, but it can also reach a wider audience.
- Social media distribution: Many social media platforms, such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, offer the ability to share and promote video content. This can be a cost-effective way to reach a specific audience, but it may not reach as wide of an audience as other distribution methods.
- Publicity and marketing: Working with a publicist or marketing firm can help you promote your content through traditional and online media outlets, increasing visibility and reaching a wider audience. This option can be expensive, but it can also be very effective in getting your content noticed.
Ultimately, the best distribution strategy for your video production will depend on your goals, budget, and target audience. It’s important to consider all of your options and choose the one that will best help you reach your desired audience and achieve your desired outcomes.
Distributing video content through press releases can be an effective way to reach a wide audience and generate interest in your content. Press releases are traditionally used to announce news or events, but they can also be used to promote video content and drive traffic to your website or social media channels.
To effectively distribute video content through press releases, follow these steps:
- Create a strong press release: A press release should include a catchy headline, a clear and concise summary of your content, and any relevant information such as the release date, the video’s length, and any notable talent or crew involved. Be sure to include a link to your video in the press release.
- Build relationships with journalists and media outlets: Building relationships with journalists and media outlets can help increase the chances of your press release being picked up and shared. Follow relevant journalists and outlets on social media and engage with their content to build relationships and establish yourself as a thought leader in your industry.
- Use press release distribution services: There are many online press release distribution services that can help you reach a wide audience. These services often have lists of journalists and media outlets that are interested in receiving press releases, increasing the chances of your content being seen.
- Utilize social media: In addition to distributing your press release through traditional channels, be sure to promote your video on social media. Use relevant hashtags and share your press release on your social media channels to drive traffic to your content.
By following these steps and utilizing press releases as part of your distribution strategy, you can effectively reach a wider audience and generate interest in your video content.
Here are some examples of successful press releases for our Bullaki Science Podcast, which were published in Forbes:
- The 4th Wave of Electronic Dev with Mark Rosker DARPA
- Raytheon Technologies, High-Payoff/High-Risk R&D
- Mosaic Warfare, Bullaki Science Podcast with Timothy Grayson
Using Social Media Influencers
Video distribution through social media influencers is a marketing strategy that involves partnering with popular social media users to promote a brand or product through video content. This type of marketing can be effective because influencers have a large following of loyal fans who are interested in their content and are more likely to trust their recommendations.
There are a few key steps to effectively distribute videos through social media influencers:
- Identify the right influencers: It’s important to find influencers who align with your brand and have a following that is relevant to your target audience. You can use tools like Social Blade or Hootsuite to search for influencers by keyword or hashtag, or you can reach out to influencer marketing agencies for help finding the right partners.
- Plan the content: Determine what kind of video content will be most effective for your brand and the influencers you are working with. This could be a product review, a tutorial, a behind-the-scenes look at your company, or something else entirely.
- Negotiate the partnership: Once you have identified the right influencers and planned the content, it’s time to negotiate the terms of the partnership. This will typically involve agreeing on the type of content to be produced, the timeline for production and distribution, and the compensation for the influencer.
- Promote the content: Once the video content has been produced, it’s important to promote it to the influencer’s followers. This can be done through social media posts, email campaigns, or other marketing channels. It’s also a good idea to share the content on your own social media accounts and website to reach a wider audience.
Video distribution through social media influencers can be an effective way to reach a large, engaged audience and drive traffic and sales for your brand. By partnering with the right influencers and producing high-quality content, you can effectively promote your brand and build lasting relationships with your audience.
As an example the visibility of our production Perovskite on Silicon, with Henry Snaith (2018) was massively boosted thanks to a partnership with a social media influencers active in the field of renewable energy who reposted a section of our video and backlinked to the source (Perovskite Solar Cells: Game changer?).
Learn More: Raytheon Technologies, High-Payoff/High-Risk R&D