Exozoology, Bullaki Science Podcast With Arik Kershenbaum
by Samuele Lilliu | 29 March 2022
In this Bullaki Science Podcast, Dr Arik Kershenbaum talks about animal intelligence and communication, and potential xenolanguages (alien languages).
- Client: University of Cambridge
- Budget: £3200
- Location: Cambridge
- Producer: Samuele Lilliu
- Director of Photography: Samuele Lilliu
- Camera operator: Samuele Lilliu
- Editor: Samuele Lilliu
- Transcript: Exozoology, Bullaki Science Podcast With Arik Kershenbaum
- Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 4k
- Canon C200 (body only)
- Canon C200 with Edelkrone slider with tripod kit 2
- Gopro Hero 9 Kit
- Xrite Calibrate Colorchecker Passport Video
- Mft Olympus Digital 45mm Lens
- Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8 L Usm Lens
- Samyang Ef 14mm T3_1 Vdslr
- Two Aputure Ls 1c Lightstorm Video Led
- Sound Recordist Kit: MixPre-3, 2x416, 2xAVX
- 3x1TB Cfast Card Kit
- Manfrotto Nitrotech N8 Video Head and 535 Tripod
- Small Rig Matte Box
- Two Small Rig Matte Box
- Software: Premiere Pro, Davinci Resolve, Audition
In this Bullaki Science Podcast filmed at our recording studios in Cambridge and hosted by Dr Samuele Lilliu, Dr Arik Kershenbaum talks about animal intelligence and communication, including the experimental and analytical tools used by zoologists to decode animal “language”. These insights might be helpful to the current efforts by the SETI program to intercept signals from hypothetical advanced alien civilizations and decode potential xenolanguages (alien languages).
Dr Arik Kershenbaum is a zoologist, a Fellow and Director of Studies at Girton College at the University of Cambridge, working on animal communication and the information content in highly social and cooperative species, such as wolves and dolphins. In his book The Zoologist's Guide to the Galaxy: What Animals on Earth Reveal about Aliens and Ourselves, he lays down the foundation for a new field, Exozoology, or zoology beyond planet Earth.
This podcast was filmed in our video production studio in Cambridge. Our recording studio is sound treated and features thick sound clouds and sound panels to make sure the recorded voices are spot on. We can record both audio only and video podcasts with a two mic and three cameras setup. Our proprietary custom software for video podcast editing allows us editing long podcasts is a matter of minutes. Please get in touch for more information and for hiring our studio.