Canon C200 Cinema Camera
Canon’s EOS C200 EF Cinema Camera features a built-in EVF, 4" LCD screen, top handle, Super35 CMOS sensor, and Dual Pixel Autofocus. The EF lens mount on the EOS C200 offers compatibility not only with Canon’s existing broad range of DSLR lenses but also with their line of EF-mount CN-E cinema prime and zoom lenses. The Super35 sensor is paired with Canon’s Dual DIGIC DV 6 image processor, allowing it to capture and record up to DCI 4K resolution.
The C200 can also record Canon’s Cinema RAW Light internally via its single CFast card slot. The camera also incorporates two SD card slots for recording UHD 4K/HD MP4 video. A built-in EVF enables the camera to maintain a small footprint when you shoot. However, the included removable 4" LCD screen as well as the included top handle and camera grip make this camera versatile for larger shoots. You can output video via the camera’s SDI output, and the built-in XLR connectors provide two channels of audio at line, mic, and mic+48V level. A built-in Ethernet connector provides input/output control.
Key Features (Canon C200)
Canon Super35 CMOS Sensor
Modelled on the Super35 motion picture film standard, the Canon CMOS sensor has an active image size of 24.4 x 13.5mm. It features 4096 x 2160 resolution to deliver Cine 4K images, as well as supporting Ultra HD (3840 x 2160), and Full HD (1920 x 1080).
Dual Pixel CMOS AF Technology
Provides continuous AF (Autofocus) function for all autofocus lenses, using Dual Pixel CMOS AF technology. A new AF Lock setting also lets you change the image framing while holding the desired focus. This feature is ideal for users who regularly shoot with smaller crews, who shoot moving subjects, or who want smoother, more natural-looking autofocus. Dual Pixel CMOS AF technology features a CMOS sensor that consists of an array of pixels that each feature two separate photodiodes. By continuously comparing their outputs during AF mode, phase-difference autofocus helps ensure non-blurred images and smooth focus transitions even when the talent and/or camera are moving. The new feature places a high priority on maintaining sharp focus while providing a natural, smooth autofocus movement with select Canon EF lenses - including newer-generation STM lenses - which offer even smoother and quieter operation.
Dynamic Range, ISO Range
The C200 features a dynamic range of approximately 13 stops, and an ISO range of 160 to 25,600. You can also select an expanded ISO range of 100 to 102,400. It supports Wide DR Gamma, Canon Log, and Canon Log 3.
Dual Canon DIGIC DV 6 Image Processor
The camera features Dual DIGIC DV 6 processors to handle the internal data processing.
Ultra High-Resolution EVF
The EOS C200 features a built-in 0.46", 1.23MP color EVF and 100% field of view coverage for comfortable viewing and accurate judgment of composition, focus, and color. The angle of the viewfinder is adjustable for additional user comfort.
4" LCD Touchscreen Camera Grip and Top Handle
Included with the C200 is a removable 4" Touchscreen LCD viewfinder. Also included with the C200 is a camera control handgrip as well as a removable top handle.
Rich Audio Controls
Built directly into the C200 are two XLR audio inputs with +48V phantom power, and a 3.5mm microphone terminal is also built into the camera. Audio is recorded uncompressed in 16-bit PCM format at 48 kHz for high fidelity sound. Both XLR inputs as well as the mic terminal have the option for automatic as well as manual gain control.
Canon Cinema RAW Light
This codec allows you to record raw data internally to a CFast 2.0 card via the camera’s single CFast card slot. The CFast card slot enables capturing DCI 4K in Canon’s Cinema RAW Light format.
UHD 4K and Full HD recording onto SD cards is available via the two SD card slots. Slow-motion recording, pre-recording, frame recording, interval recording
Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8 L Usm Lens
A truly versatile lens, the EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM is a Canon L-series zoom spanning a flexible range of telephoto focal lengths. Beyond its portrait-length to medium tele range, this lens is also characterized by its bright f/2.8 constant maximum aperture, which affords notable control over depth of field and benefits working in challenging lighting conditions. Supporting the versatility is a sophisticated optical design, which utilizes four ultra-low dispersion elements to suppress colour fringing and chromatic aberrations throughout the zoom range for high clarity. Also, a Super Spectra coating has been applied to help reduce lens flare and ghosting for greater contrast and colour neutrality.
Complementing its optical assets, this 70-200mm f/2.8 also sports a ring-type USM and internal focusing mechanism for quick, quiet, and accurate autofocus performance, as well as full-time manual focus override. Additionally, a removable rotating tripod collar is included for stable use of the lens atop a tripod or monopod.
- Versatile telephoto zoom is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount DSLRs, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 112-320mm equivalent focal length range.
- Bright constant f/2.8 maximum aperture affords consistent performance throughout the zoom range and offers notable control over depth of field for working with selective focus techniques.
- Four ultra-low dispersion glass elements reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations for high clarity and color fidelity.
- Super Spectra coating has been applied to individual elements to minimize ghosting and flare for greater contrast and color neutrality when working in strong lighting conditions.
- A ring-type Ultrasonic Motor (USM), along with an internal focusing system, is employed to deliver fast, precise, and quiet autofocus performance as well as full-time manual focus override.
- Focus Limiter switch lets you constrain the focusing to two different ranges to suit different applications: 4.9’-infinity or 9.8’-infinity.
- Rounded eight-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
- As a member of the esteemed L-series, this lens is sealed against dust and moisture for working in inclement environmental conditions.
- Removable rotating tripod collar is included and benefits working with the lens atop a tripod or monopod.
- Compatible with optional EF 1.4X and EF 2X teleconverters.
SmallRig Lightweight Carbon Fiber Matte Box
Add a compact matte box to your rig without much-added weight with the Lightweight Carbon Fiber Matte Box from SmallRig. The matte box suits small mirrorless or DSLR cameras and is made from durable but lightweight carbon fibre material. It accepts two 4 x 4 or 4 x 5.65" filters without the use of filter trays and includes four adapter rings to attach the matte box to the lens.
The included carbon fibre top flag helps block veiling glare or bright reflections from striking your lens, and it can be folded down to cover the front of the matte box and provide protection to the front of your lens. There are four 1/4"-20 threads on top of the matte box that allow you to mount additional accessories. The matte box can be mounted onto your rig using an optional 15mm LWS rod clamp that attaches to the bottom 1/4"-20 thread on the matte box.
The matte box features a 114mm diameter opening, and the included 67, 72, 77, and 82mm threaded adapter rings allow you to use the matte box with lenses of different sizes and diameters. A separately available 114 to 95mm adapter ring can be used for additional lenses.
- The matte box is made from durable and lightweight carbon fibre
- The matte box has a 114mm opening and attaches directly to the front of a lens using the included 82, 77, 72, and 67mm adapter rings
- Four 1/4"-20 threads on top of the matte box allow you to mount additional accessories
- Two 4 x 4" or 4 x 5.65" filters can be added to the front of the matte box
- A carbon fibre top flag is included to block unwanted glare
- An optional mount can be attached using the 1/4"-20 thread on the bottom of the matte box
- An optional 114 to 95mm adapter ring (2661) is available for additional lenses
SolidPod Slim Modular CFast 2.0 to mSATA SSD Adapter with 2TB SSD
SolidPod Slim Modular CFast 2.0 to mSATA SSD Adapter with 2 TB SSD mounted in it. It’s compatible with RED Komodo, Z Cam E2, Canon C200, Blackmagic BMPCC 4K 6K URSA Mini Pro and More.
- Works with RED Komodo, Canon C200 / C300 Mark II, Blackmagic Design, Z Cam and other cameras that uses CFast 2.0 Memory Card
- No External Power Required. Supports Standard CFast Card Readers.
- Compact and Lightweight: Only 67g. With Quick-Swap SSD Mounting.
- Multiple Mounting Methods Including NATO Rail and 1/4" Screw
- Tested on RED Komodo, Canon C200, C300 Mark II, XC15; Z Cam E2 (All), Blackmagic URSA Mini 4K/4.6K, Pro 4.6K, BMPCC 4K/6K