Learn More: Origins of Life
Learn More: Origins of Life
Learn More: Bullaki Science Podcast With Sabine Hossenfelder
Learn More: Raytheon Technologies, High-Payoff/High-Risk R&D
Learn More: Tips For Matching Shots in DaVinci Resolve
Learn More: Bullaki Science Podcast With Michael Shermer
Learn More: Why Spacex Starlink Is Bad for Astronomy
Learn More: Terahertz Time Domain Spectroscopy
Learn More: Who are the Emiratis? by Dr Timothy Power
Learn More: History of the UAE
Learn More: Perovskite LEDs, with Prof. Richard Friend
The Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 4K (BMPCC4K) features a 4/3" sensor for capturing up to 4096 x 2160 DCI 4K images at rates up to 75 fps in a variety of codecs including Blackmagic Raw at several bit rates and various ProRes 422 options. With the 6.6 update, the BMPCC 4K now offers up to 80 fps in a 2.8K raw mode for 4:3 anamorphic and up to 75 fps in a 4K raw mode in 2.4:1 widescreen. A 2x de-squeeze preview is available for 4:3 recording as well as a 1.33x de-squeeze option. Slow-motion rates up to 120 fps are available in 2.6K raw for Super16 lenses and in cropped Full HD. The 6.6 update makes operating easier with support for the Pocket Battery Grip and a built-in horizon level function. Further 6.6 update features include support for additional languages, USB PTP control, customizable frame guides, an up to 8x pinch-to-zoom function, the ability to embed custom LUTs as metadata in Blackmagic Raw, and more.
The Micro Four Thirds lens mount accommodates the original, lightweight Pocket Cinema Camera lenses, and can be used with PL, C, EF, and other lenses with the use of separately available adapters. A dual-native ISO up to 25,600 is featured for low-light capture, and 13 stops of dynamic range provide rich HDR images.
Record using the internal CFast 2.0 and SD/UHS-II card slots or employ the USB Type-C output for capturing longer clips to an external drive. The Pocket Cinema Camera 4K’s 5" touchscreen LCD reduces the need for an external, onboard monitor, while a full-sized HDMI port enables you to output a signal to a larger display. The menu and interface are the same as the ones found on the URSA Mini camera, and 3D LUTs can be applied for monitoring or baking in your look when you’re ready to commit.
Audio features include a mini-XLR input with phantom power for pro-style mics, a 3.5mm jack, and an internal stereo mic. Additional features include the same Blackmagic OS as the URSA Mini and Bluetooth remote control. A license key for DaVinci Resolve Studio is included for versatile post-production control. The Pocket Cinema Camera 4K’s carbon fibre composite build provides lightweight strength and durability, and power options include running off the included Canon LP-E6 type battery or the included power supply.
- 4/3" Image Sensor / Dual Native ISO. The Pocket Cinema Camera 4K uses a 4/3" sensor, 13 stops of dynamic range, and a dual native ISO up to 25,600 to capture rich images at resolutions up to DCI 4K.
- Active Micro Four Thirds Lens Mount. Use lightweight, electronically-controlled MFT lenses, or use separately available adapters to expand your lens choices to include PL, C, or EF-mount lenses.
- Anamorphic Capture. Blackmagic Raw 4:3 2880 x 2160 (2.8K) anamorphic options with 2x and 1.33x de-squeeze preview functions.
- Shooting Resolutions. 4096 x 2160 (DCI 4K), 2.4:1 4096 x 1712 (4K), 3840 x 2160 (Ultra HD 4K), Super16 2688 x 1512 (2.6K), 1920 x 1080 (HD).
- Aspect Ratio Options. Create customized aspect ratios or choose preset guidelines including 1:1 and 4:5.
- Blackmagic Raw and ProRes Options. Choose from Blackmagic Raw and ProRes 422 files options depending on your project’s needs.
- 5" Touchscreen Display. A large 5" touchscreen display reduces the need for an external on-board monitor, while a full-sized HDMI port enables you to output a signal to a larger display on your video village.
- CFast 2.0, SD/UHS-II, and USB Type-C Capture. Internally record to CFast 2.0 or SD/UHS-II card slots, or capture longer clips using the USB Type-C output to an external drive.
- Flexible Power Options. The Pocket Cinema Camera 4K can be powered using a rechargeable Canon LP-E6 type battery, the separately available Pocket Battery Grip, or the included power supply.
Rental T&C. Most rentals are done via FatLlama. For qualifying corporate clients we might be able to do ad-hoc contracts directly with our company. The procedure for hiring gear from us involves registering on the FatLlama website and providing details (such as proof of ID). When picking up the equipment you'll need to provide your ID (e.g. passport) and proof of address. In case you damage the equipment, you’ll take care of the repairs yourself. Any days lost due to the item being repaired will be charged as standard rental fees. Pickups and returns must be at the same hours and location. Late returns will be charged (One day rental = 24h).
Rental Approval Time. Please allow at least two days for the approval process.
Location and Delivery. Deliveries and returns are normally done in person at our address in Cambridge (see item location on FatLlama). Depending on circumstances we might deliver and collect the items at your doorstep.